*** Background :
(1) Ms Siew is the manager of the law firm Messrs Chan Tse Yuen & Co.
(2) She is an ex external law student of
[UM] (2007-2010) for Bachelor of Jurisprudence [BOJ]. University
(3) In 2010, she cleared ALL 15 law papers set by the UM Faculty of Law, about half of them were answered in English.
(4) When Ms Siew approached the CLP Board to register as a CLP student, CLP Board told her that they required to have sight of her transcriptions.
(5) UM refused to release Ms Siew’s BOJ transcriptions to enable registration of herself as a CLP student, citing the misconstrued rules (see full contents of the letter)